¡Descubre el quinto video de nuestra profesora Addie!
Esta semana vamos a hablar de vocabulario Inglés para conseguir que seas listo para las vacaciones de verano y para empezar a chatear en inglés este verano.
Hello, this is English explained with Addie, I am Addie. I am here to explain you English grammar and pronunciations tips and answer any of your English curios and get you well on your way becoming fluent in English. This video is getting you ready to the summer holidays, giving you some useful English vocabulary, getting you ready to start chatting in English this summer.
1. Secluded– (of a place) not seen or visited by many people; sheltered and private.
Example: The beach was very secluded.
2. Crowded – (of a space) full of people, leaving little or no room for movement; packed. So a beach could also be very crowded.
3. High-season – the most popular time of the year at a resort, hotel, or tourist attraction, when prices are highest.
So you can say for example: There would even be available rooms in high-season. The prices are even very good during high-season.
4. Top up your tan – prolong your summer tan, usually by sunbathing. Some people are doing it by using sun creams, or like tanning lotions.
5. Beef up – strengthen: make strong or stronger.
Example: This exercise will strengthen your upper body. I need to beef up before I head to the beach.
6. Family oriented – the term describes something considered suitable for all members of the average family. Things everybody can enjoy. So sometimes we have “a family – oriented hotel”.
7. Booze cruise – a cruise on a boat that primarily involves alcohol consumption.
8. See the sights/ go sightseeing – the activity of visiting places of interest in a particular location. This is when you go to see some monuments or landscapes or sights that are very popular.
9. Nudist – a person who engages in the practice of going naked wherever possible.
Example: “a nudist beach” where people can feel free to be naked without any discomfort.
10. Long weekend – a term is used in Western countries to denote the weekend that is at least three days long, due to a holiday falling on either the Friday or Monday.
11. Package holiday – a holiday organized by a travel agent, with arrangements for transport, accommodation, etc. made at an exclusive price.
Someone might say: Oh, did you get a package holiday? And you can say: No, I just bought the flights and then I will book a hotel when I get there. This would not be a package holiday; a package holiday is when everything is included.
I hope that helps and I hope you are on your way to your English summer vocations!
Si tienes alguna duda SOBRE NUESTROS CURSOS DE IDIOMAS O DE PROGRAMAS DEL TRABAJO, siempre estamos a tu disposición. Contacta con nuestros asesores llamando al 918281965 ó 963111471. También puede comunicar con nosotros a través del Skype aula_ingles. ¡Aprende inglés con Aula inglés!
Hasta la próxima semana!